Monday, November 10, 2008

one year older and freshly inked

I turned 26 on the 29th of October. I was a really fun day. My husband got that day off and I was able to also. We spent the whole day together and just hung out. He took me to downtown Birmingham and I got my first tattoo. :) I was afraid that it would be really painful but it wasn't that bad at all. It's a tribal turtle that means Strength, long life & perseverance, Considered by many to be able to defy death. Besides the fact that I've always been a turtle person and have been collecting them for years, I was really happy with all of the symbolism. It's really great looking and I am so happy with it. I knew that once I found what I wanted that I would be happy with it, but I though I would never find it. I'll have to post some pictures soon. :)

We have found a church. It's great, we've been going for the past month and are really getting to know people and they are great. The pastor is a good man that really respects the Word of God and doesn't act like he knows everything and that we should never argue or disagree with him. We go to life group on Thursday night. Several couples get together and eat dinner and talk and have Bible study. When they ask me how my week went I really feel like they want to hear how my week went. It's been a long time since I have felt that way in church...really long. I'm really enjoying it.
:)

No comments: